Saturday, June 28, 2008

More PDX Activities...



Monday:
Dad and the Lady stayed at my house for most of the day. That evening we all gathered here at Alder Street for cocktails. French 75s, the house special!
Tuesday:
I took the day off and the 3 of us go to Ikea . We then drove to Sauvie Island and look at the house boats. Dad liked this; Lady stayed reclined in the backseat. Then to downtown Portland to the Rose Garden and the Japanese Garden. we all really got a kick out of the Rose Garden- testing Dad's minimal sense of smell, picking out our favorite roses (mine was the 'Julia Child'; I didn't even know the name when I picked it, I swear! Its yellow and smells like licorice...), taking pictures. The Japanese Garden was nice, too, but much more subdued. We then went to the Eastside for cocktails at Rontoms where 'A' joined us. I left my denim jacket because L, aka 'The Noticer', wasn't there. Wow, sometimes you don't appreciate people until they're gone. We then decided to have dinner at Carafe, picked up Lisa and met Christo-pee at the restaurant. We all enjoyed our French bistro fare- even Amy who made do with frites and salad.

No comments: